Troubleshooting A Commercial Property’s Electrical Issues
Commercial electrical wiring is more complex compared to that of a residential building. They tend to require different equipment setup, and their systems needs more energy and load needs. Indeed, frequent inspections are needed to ensure that problems do not escalate or go out of hand, which is why working with a reliable master electrician is an absolute necessity to ensure the health and safety of your building’s electrical systems.
Recently, A.S. Electrical responded to an emergency after-hours call regarding blown fuses on a commercial property. It goes without saying that this was a major problem for building management, as power went out. While there are many different reasons that may have resulted in blown fuses, including an overloaded circuit, short circuits, ground faults, and arc faults, our master electrician made two specific recommendations that would have applied to any cause: stock up on fuses to limit expensive emergency calls in the future, and get your system inspected routinely.
This is the value that a master electrician brings to you: their assessment of your property and its electrical problems goes beyond technicality – they bring real-world experience and knowledge to the table, enabling them to see the bigger picture and tailor their advice and services to your needs.
Here are some of the many ways a master electrician sets himself apart from others:
Permits and Inspections
- Ensures that electrical installation, repair and maintenance are done in compliance with the Ontario Electrical Safety Code.
- Submits a Request for Inspection to schedule a review by the Electrical Safety Authority (ESA) of the electrical work for an existing permit.
- Acquires a Certificate of Inspection. This confirms that the electrical work done is in compliance with the Ontario Electrical Safety Code. Furthermore, this certificate is issued to the permit holder once the electrical work has passed inspection.
Electrical Work Supervision
- Supervises complex electrical installation and repair projects
- Troubleshoots complex electrical equipment issues
- Determines the cause of control and power system failures and takes the needed corrective action
- Monitors and evaluates equipment operation and energy efficiency
- Oversees other contractors and serves as technical point of contact
- Supervises, coaches, counsels, and trains subordinate employees
- Plans and coordinates with other parties to ensure a seamless project
Need a master electrician today? Call A.S. Electrical Services! We are fully equipped for and experienced in performing different electrical projects. Our 13 years in the industry will make sure your commercial property is well-maintained and safe for many years to come.